Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'll Make a Sound, You Guess the Meaning

Sophia is working on the hard 'k' sound. Suddenly, her world is surrounded by fascinating objects that start with, or contain that sound.

key, car, cat, sticker, cow, quack, etc.

She will stroll up to me, make her "k" sound (which sounds a bit like a choking bird) and give me about 10 seconds to figure out what she is referring to. If I don't figure it out in time, I'll get a singsong "nooooooooo", with a head shake and a turn. Off she goes.

Yesterday, suddenly, while reaching for my keys she said "key" clear as a bell. You could tell she knew she got it right. She has this very proud smile when she knows she's scored. Today we talked about keys many, many times.

Now, we just have to get the rest of the car, cat, sticker, cow, quack, cookie, clap, going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A, the "k" sound is a very difficult sound to make! You should be so proud!!! Yay!!!