Friday, October 19, 2007

More Water Please

Sophia strung three signs together as a sentence: "more water please". She seems to be picking up the signs as fast as words right now. It's really cool to see her using both together.

It has helped me understand her new words. Many times she'll be saying something quite insistently and I won't be looking at her, and won't know what she's saying. If I look at her, she'll often do the sign while she's saying it and I get it. I think she's also making up signs for us. There's one for "where", one for "ball", I'm fascinated by her little brain.

I've just decided to try and get her to start signing "come". Having her charge me, grab my hand and start pulling in a direction is getting tiresome. If she would sign "come please" I'd be more apt to comply.

Right now, she will stop and sign/say 'please' (which sounds more like meeeeeeeeee), and it helps.

She's quickly learned that please is a magic word for getting what she wants and is pretty quick to add it on to any request that I'm ignoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sophia! You're doing so GREAT! Now that Sophia is putting a sentence together, I bet her vocals start flying! Gabe has been putting signs together for a few months now, and I find his vocals are going crazy now. Sophia is brilliant!!!