Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 5, 2007 Potty Time!

I brought a potty home on Tuesday, over the last few weeks Sophia has started clearly communicating when she's about to poo, so I thought I'd see if she'd sit on the potty.

She points at her diaper and goes pffff if she is about to, or has just pooed.

We haven't done much since Tuesday, showed it to her, asked her if she wanted to sit on it, let her play with it. She hasn't shown too much interest.

15 minutes ago she started signing for help at gesturing at the potty and her pants. I took her pants off and got her seated on the potty with the requested wipe. Then I sat away from her and let her watch tv. I really thought she was playing and I'd have to whip a diaper on her before anything happened. Then, I got a whiff. MY DAUGHTER POOED ON HER POTTY! It's got to be one of my proudest moments. She didn't see the big deal, but I am thrilled. Such a smart girl.

Later that night she peed as well. There's been nothing since, but wow are we impressed.

No comments: